Whether you're updating a look at home or re furnishing an entire room, home extension or renovation - O & B share some simple tips for Easy Researching & Selecting.
1) Do your research - source on line & then target the pieces you are after by visiting stores & showrooms to experience the quality , craftsmanship & scale of furniture. Depending on your budget and timeframe - some select & shop all year round, whilst others take advantage of instore specials during the January & February months.
2) Always choose large important pieces that are timeless in style and gentle & easy on the eye in terms of colour and tone. Remember that comfort is key. Neutral linen feel sofas & armchairs work back with limed timber or walnut side tables & sideboards, oak or zinc top dining tables are classic and forever. Inject texture with touches of chic marble, leather or a glint of metal in stools, little benches or occasional tables that can be easily moved about given the need.
3) Layer a room - using the colours you love most and that comfort you & bring joy to your individual space - bring favourite objects, textiles, cushions, art & floor rugs together. This is what makes a room sing and creates a personalised ,character filled room.
4) Don't be afraid to ask for help instore whilst visiting. Sales staff & store assistants are well rehearsed in all things " interior " & love to get involved and give advise - suggesting new ideas or reassuring any doubts on selecting special pieces for the home.
5) Be confident in combining & blending shapes, styles and eras of furniture. Magazines & interior books provide a great source of inspiration & often stylists simply create a well travelled or " lived in look " by combing objects, items or furniture from eclectic sources. For example - an easy slip cover sofa looks divine paired with a rustic timber coffee table, washed back velvet cushions, bold colourful modern art, an African style stool, Scandinavian minimalist sideboard & metallic finish Mediterranean feel lamp. It's all in the Mix.